- To illustrate the best aspects of Shaker design and to
demonstrate the successful use of Shaker furniture and accessories in everyday
life. Preference will be given to photographs which include either original
Shaker architecture and objects, and/or Shaker Workshops reproductions.
- Interior Shots - These may be taken at Shaker or
non-Shaker sites. Subjects may include residential or commercial interiors featuring original Shaker furniture or Shaker Workshops® furniture, or
specific Shaker objects (baskets, boxes, textiles, etc.).
- Exterior Shots - These may be of Shaker architecture or
Shaker sites, at any season of the year.
Photography Competition First Prize
- For 2017, we plan to select two First Prize Winners. We usually select one
for each category.
- The First Prize is a $100.00 Shaker Workshops Gift
Certificate and your photograph on the cover of the Shaker Workshops
catalog, with on-cover credit and a brief biography on the back cover.
Photography Competition Honorable Mentions
- Honorable Mention recognition may be given to the best
photographs which are not selected for the First Prizes.
- First Prize and Honorable Mention photographers will be featured in
our Shaker Workshops
Gallery with credits.
- The photography competition is open to all photographers,
amateur or professional.
- Mail entries to:
c/o 2017 Photography Competition
14 South Pleasant Street
Ashburnham, MA 01430-1649
- Email entries in .JPG or .TIF format to:
- You may send in as many entries as you like.
- Entries must be color images. Slides, prints, or digital
images are all acceptable. Portrait orientation is preferred,
but not required (Photographs with Landscape orientation will be
cropped when used on the catalog cover).
- Please include your name, address, and a short description of
- Deadline for entries for the 2017 Shaker Workshops Photography Competition: June 15,
- If you would like your photograph(s) returned, please include a
- No purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
- If you enter, your name and address will not be put on
our mailing list or used for any other purpose. (If you would like your name to
be put on our mailing list you may do so in the section "Requesting our
- Judging will be based on suitability of subject, quality of the
photograph, and adherence to the Purpose statement above.
- The winners will be selected from entries received by June 15,
- We are looking for entries to be used on catalogs during the
fall of 2017 and the spring/summer of 2018.
Questions and Comments